CALL FOR SUBMISSION: Members’ Gallery 2018
Centre For Print And Media Arts invites members in good standing to submit a proposal to exhibit in the Members’ Gallery during 2018
If you require exhibition assistance consider applying for OAC Exhibition Assistance Grant. http://www.arts.on.ca/grants/exhibition-assistance.
Make sure to apply to the Exhibition Assistance Zone in which you live, not where you are exhibiting, or to one of the Specialized Recommenders.
Members’ Gallery Vision Statement
Centres Members’ Gallery Space is committed to the following objectives:
- To provide Centre members in good standing a dedicated space to exhibit and sell print media and media arts related contemporary artwork.
- To display print based media or media arts with a focus on art theory and practice in both traditional and contemporary contexts.
- To engage the public, printmaking and media arts communities by giving voice to local printmakers, photographers and media artists.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: THURSDAY JUNE 1st, 2017
- All submissions are subject to review by the selection committee.
- Only electronic proposals are accepted. Text is to be in word (.doc or .docx) or pdf format.
- Submissions may be made on an individual basis or as a duo or group/collective.
- Presentation ready works must be original print-based or media arts.
- 40% of all sales will go to support Centre’s ongoing programming, 60% is remitted back to the artist. Unsold pieces will be returned to the artist at the end of the show.
- Members who have exhibited work in the Members’ Gallery in the previous year are ineligible for submission.
Please submit the following items by email as a zipped folder to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday June 1st, 2017. The total size of the email should not exceed 10MB.
1/ A maximum one-page artist statement, which describes and contextualizes the work presented.
2/ 4 to 5 numbered images representing a recent body of work. Images should be no larger than 1200 pixels wide and 72dpi.
3/ A corresponding image list including the artist’s name, title of work, size, media and year created.
4/ Media Arts submissions (video, new media) should be in Quick Time format or be sent as a link to a host site (youtube, vimeo, personal website).
5/ For Media Arts submissions please list artist’s name, title, run time and year created.
6/ A one-page physical description of the proposed exhibition, which should include number of works, installation requirements and equipment needs. If equipment (TV monitor, DVD player, computer, etc) is available it will be provided. Otherwise, the artist is required to supply their own presentation equipment.
7/ A maximum two-page C.V.
8/ Please indicate any specific months in 2018 you cannot exhibit as well as your preference for a solo, duo or group show. This does not guarantee anything but we will consider everyone’s needs. Decisions will be final unless extraneous circumstances.
Thank you, we look forward to your submission.