CT-International Print Biennial
in partnership with CRAM International and Taller Cultural "Luis Diaz Oduardo"
October 25 - November 30, 2013
Opening Reception: Friday, October 25
The CT-International Print Biennial offers a broad survey of printmaking techniques by artists from printmaking centres in Canada and Cuba. The project was initiated by St. Catherine’s Tobey Anderson and Hamilton’s Alan Flint, who in 2008, entered in a unique and growing relationship with artists at the Taller Cultural “Luis Diaz Oduardo” in Santiago de Cuba. The exhibition at Centre3 follows presentations in two Cuban galleries, in Santiago and Havana, in 2012, and an exhibition at CRAM in St. Catharines earlier this year.
Cuban critic and curator Diana María Cruz Hernández observed that, “(The participating) artists seem determined to render infinite impressions of reality – from intimate and poetic reflections, to politically and socially engaged content, with commendable technical skills, and grounded in pure aesthetic pleasure.“
Participating printmaking centres and artists:
• Taller Cultural “Luis Diaz Oduardo” • Santiago de Cuba: Israel Tamayo Zamora, Carlos René Aguilera, Jorgé Luís Chavez, Joaquín Bolívar Thomas, Jorge Knight Vera, Vivian Lozano Caballero, Miguel Ángel Lobaina Borges, Maryenis Yacer Diaz, Jorge Agustín del Toro Torres, Juan Salazar Salas, Mauricio Reyes Aranda, Luís Tasset Céspedes, Orlaides Caridad López, Hailen Kifle Sánchez, José Luís Berenguer Gonzáles,
• CRAM Press • St. Catharines, Ontario: Alan Flint, Tobey C. Anderson, Carolyn Wren, Penelope Stewart, Mansaram, Jose Medina, Matt Harley, Donna Szoke, Dave Gordon, John B. Boyle
• Martha Street • Winnipeg, Manitoba: William Eakin/Craig Love, Michael Dumontier and Neil Farber, Leslie Supnet, Andrea Roberts, Peter Graham, Scott Benesinabandan, Pauline Braun, E.J. Howarth
• Engramme • Québec, Québec: Denise Blackburn, Tania Girard-Savoie, Thérèse Guy, Chantal Harvey, France McNeil, Sylvain Roy, Madeleine Samson, Katharina Trub
• Sunbury Shores • St Andrews, New Brunswick: Robert A. Van de Peer, Adam Jeffery, Ann Manuel, Ruth Dunfield, Alison Willms, Herzl Kashetsky, Geordie Millar, Matt Watkins
• Malaspina • Vancouver, British Columbia: Oscar Valero Saez, Jocelyn Barrable Segal, Brigitte Potter Mael, Hannamari Jalovaara, Shinsuke Minegishi, Diyan Achjadi, Richard Tetrault, Elisabeth Sommerville
• SNAP • Edmonton, Alberta: Caitlin Wells, Karen Cassidy-Shaw, Marc Siegner, Sara Norgnay, Mark Dutton, Kelsey Stephenson, Robin Smith-Peck, Walter Jule
• Center3 • Hamilton, Ontario: Delio Delgado, Hitoko Okada, Ingrid Mayrhofer, Kieran Roy Taylor, Matt McInnes, Paula Krochak, Robert Creighton
For more information about the CT-Print Bienalle visit: www.ctprintbiennale.org