Main Gallery: Call for Submissions
Centre for Print and Media Arts is an artist-run centre dedicated to promoting print and media arts in contemporary artistic discourse. Centre’s extensive Print Arts facilities are housed in a 6000 square foot arts centre, located at the heart of the James Street North Arts District. As a production, exhibition, education centre and animator of community arts, Centre supports both traditional and experimental print media and media art practices. The centre encourages research and innovation and provides forums for discussion and examination of critical and theoretical issues. Centre supports artists in the development of their professional endeavors and acts as a resource centre for the visual and media arts community.
We are currently accepting submissions for upcoming group exhibitions for 2019 through to 2021 in our main gallery. Exhibitions in the main gallery centre around a main theme or concept. Proposals should highlight the ways in which the work of the artists presented relate to the main theme of the exhibition. You can apply as a curator, a group of artists, or as a single artist for a solo show. All selected artists & curators will be paid CARFAC fees.
Proposals will be reviewed by a committee and applicants will be notified by December 2018.
Please submit the following items by email as a zipped folder to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 31 2018. The total size of the email should not exceed 10MB.
1. Artist Statement (Max 1 page) which describes and contextualizes the work presented.
2. Visual Support Material (Max 5 files): A maximum of 5 numbered images and/or videos representing a recent body of work
– Please name files as follows: lastname_01, Lastname_02, lastname_03 etc
– JPG or MP4 files will be accepted
– only for video, links to Vimeo, youtube or a personal website are accepted
– Images should be no larger than 1200 pixels wide and 72dpi.
3. Support Material List ordered and labelled to match the files provided including artist’s name, title of work, media, size, (run time for video), and year created.
4. Exhibition Description (Max 1 page) A one-page physical description of the proposed exhibition, which should include number of works, installation and any foreseeable technical requirements. Please reference the floor plan for our main gallery space which can be found here: Floor Plan Main Gallery
5. Curriculum Vitae (Max 2 pages) Please include your email address with your C.V.
Thank you, we look forward to your submission! Please note that only completed submissions will be considered. Unfortunately, we cannot accept incomplete proposals.
If you have questions regarding your submission, please contact Sonali Menezes at email@example.com