Centre for artistic and social practice is an artist-run centre that is dedicated to promoting print and media arts in contemporary artistic discourse for practicing artists and the community at large.
As a production, exhibition, and education centre and animator of community arts, Centre supports both traditional and experimental print media and media art practices. The centre encourages research and innovation and provides forums for discussion and examination of critical and theoretical issues. Centre supports artists in the development of their professional endeavors and acts as a resource centre for the visual and media arts community.
Print Media and Media Arts
- Provide space and equipment to create contemporary art
- Showcase monthly exhibitions of regional, national, and international artists in the Main Gallery
- Contribute to the cultural and economic vitality of Hamilton
- Offer Artists in the Schools and Schools in the Studio educational programs to elementary and secondary school boards
- Offer Nu Steel social enterprise programs for youth
- Offer courses and workshops for the general public
- Offer professional practice workshops for artists
- Link Artists with Community groups in a collaborative creative process
- Encourage inclusion and diversity
- Provide access to the process of art creation
As a not-for-profit centre we’ve established programming to help bring arts education and community arts to the greater Hamilton area. Thanks to donor support our programming is always expanding to meet the needs of the region. We welcome you to get involved! Become a member, take a workshop, visit our gallery, or support our fundraising programs.