Centre is hiring: Membership Coordinator
July 27, 2021
Centre for Artistic and Social Practice
Job Title: Membership Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Works Closely with: Artistic Director and Administrative Coordinator
About the Organization: Centre is a non-profit artist-run centre that is driven by a belief in the singular power of art and artists to deepen our understanding of ourselves and our communities and move us toward a better world. Centre engages communities through-out Southwestern Ontario, and wider audiences generally, with an outstanding track record of presenting the work of early and mid-career artists from across Canada and around the world. Centre’s exhibition and educational programming is rooted in commitments to the visionary, the forward-thinking, and the responsiveness of our community.
Centre’s Membership Coordinator will oversee three levels of membership: artists, community, and corporate. This will include all aspects of the acquisition, cultivation, and solicitation of general membership tasks related to all membership recruitment and retention. The position requires strong customer service skills to interact successfully with members, advanced computer skills, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high level of accuracy and organization.
The Membership Coordinator will ensure that all members receive the appropriate membership benefit packages and will be responsible for meeting targeted annual membership goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all three levels of membership: artists, community, and corporate
- Manage data entry for the membership program
- Maintain donor database records including electronic and hard files as well as various spreadsheets and logs
- Work at the reception desk when needed
- Process all new and renewal memberships
- Communicate membership information in person or via electronic, telephone, mail, or written correspondence to members and prospective members
- Oversee the Members’ Gallery – submissions, juries, and organize install
- Organize annual members’ shows in Main Gallery (December and August)
- Organizing professional development opportunities for members
- Market artists members’ work through shopify
- Promotes members’ work through social media
- Assist with member events
- Provide high level of service to foster strong relationship with current and former members
- Create and execute membership recruitment campaigns
- Create quarterly reports regarding current membership status
Excellent data entry skills; experience in database systems required); demonstrates strong initiative, problem solving skills and sound judgment; proven ability in processing acknowledgements for all membership gifts; highly organized and meticulous attention to detail; proven excellent time management skills; thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; excellent office skills, answering multiple phone lines, scheduling, data entry, mass mailings, customer service; excellent writing skills; strong telephone presence.
All applications must include both a resume and cover letter and should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to the Director of Operations.
The deadline for applications is August 15th, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Centre welcomes and strongly encourages people from marginalized communities and intersecting identities to apply.