Call for Submissions: Centre Members’ Foyer
The call opens on November 10th 2023
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: December 22nd, 2023 11:59pm EST
Centre is expanding our Members’ spaces to offer more exhibition opportunities for our membership by creating The Members’ Foyer, a new exhibition space on James Street North.
Centre invites proposals for innovative and explorative use of the foyer and street-facing window space. Proposals can include any medium, but please be advised that due to the conditions of Centre’s windows we do not recommend installing weather and light-sensitive works directly against the glass. If you need assistance creating digital prints of original works for display, please make a note of it in your proposal.
This space is a free do-it-yourself space offered to Centre Members and all exhibitions are to be produced, curated, and installed by the member. Centre provides some installation support, basic tools, vinyl signage, and online and printed promotion.
Centre’s Members’ Foyer is committed to the following objectives:
- Provide Centre members with a dedicated space to exhibit and sell their artwork.
- Engage the public and arts communities by supporting Centre members working across multiple disciplines.
- To be eligible, you must be a current member of Centre. If your membership has lapsed or you would like to become a member, please visit our website (https://centre3.com/membership/), or get in touch with us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Unfortunately, Centre cannot accept proposals from non-members.
- Current employees of Centre are ineligible
- Centre welcomes submissions from artists at all stages of their careers and strongly encourages submissions from equity-seeking communities. This includes Indigenous, Black and racialized artists, women, members of the LGBTTIQQ2SA+ community and Deaf and disabled artists.
- All submissions are subject to review by the selection committee.
- Proposals can only be accepted electronically via email or our submission form.
- Proposal packages submitted via email must include the following information with photo documentation in jpg format, and text in Word (.doc/.docx) or pdf.
- Preferred Name and pronouns
- Email or best contact information
- Artist’s CV (max. 2 pages)
- Artist’s Bio (max. 250 words)
- Optional Artist Statement (max. 1 page)
- Brief Exhibition Description (max. 500 words)
- Visual Support Materials (max. 5 numbered support images or videos)
- Please name files as follows: lastname_01, lastname_02 etc. JPG, MP4, and vimeo, youtube, and links to personal websites are accepted)
- Confirmed List of Artworks
- Include a list of title information for each art work formatted as follows: title of artwork, year created, medium, price if applicable
- Submissions may be made on an individual basis, as a duo, or as a group/collective.
- All works must be presentation-ready and original.
- Eligible works can be listed for sale and transactions processed by Centre, in which 30% of all sales will go to support Centre’s ongoing programming, and 70% is remitted back to the artist. Unsold pieces will be returned to the artist.
Centre provides some installation support, vinyl signage, and online and printed promotion.