Centre is hiring: Admin & Sales Coordinator
December 13, 2021
Centre for Artistic and Social Practice
Job Title: Administrative & Sales Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Works closely with: Director of Operations and Artistic Director
About the Organization: Centre is a non-profit artist-run centre that is driven by a belief in the singular power of art and artists to deepen our understanding of ourselves and our communities and move us toward a better world. Centre engages communities throughout Southwestern Ontario, and wider audiences generally, with an outstanding track record of presenting the work of early and mid-career artists from across Canada and around the world. Centre’s exhibition and educational programming is rooted in commitments to the visionary, the forward-thinking, and the responsiveness of our community.
Centre’s Administrative & Sales Coordinator will oversee the day-to-day administration of the centre, PR/communications, and the online shop. The position requires strong interpersonal and customer service skills; advanced computer skills; digital marketing/social media expertise; and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high level of accuracy and organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
● Act as the key contact person at Centre, ensuring inquiries are sent to the proper department or person
● Respond to general incoming and outgoing mail; answering the phone
● Point person for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), scheduling times to promote different aspects of Centre
● Manage web content
● Creating notices to general members and the public for exhibitions, artist talks, and other programming
● Oversee the POS (point of sale) system
● Complete daily sales reconciliations
● Maintain accurate records of tax receipts for in-kind and monetary donations
● Bank deposits
● Create invoices and process orders for digital and printing services
● Ordering office supplies for all staff and studio supplies for programming
● Work with the Executive Director on Policy and Procedure
● Work with the Director of Operations to manage the online shop
● Work with Artistic Director and Membership Coordinator to ensure that exhibitions are coordinated in both the Main Gallery and Members’ Gallery
● Work with Membership Coordinator to process memberships, organize members events, acquire and display members’ artwork in the sales area and calculate commission sales
● Book facilities and equipment for staff
● Supervise sales area during monthly Art Crawls
● Attend staff meetings
Excellent data entry skills (experience in database systems required); demonstrates strong initiative, problem-solving skills and sound judgment; highly organized and meticulous attention to detail; proven excellent time-management skills; thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; excellent project management skills, answering multiple phone lines, scheduling, data entry, mass mailings, customer service; excellent communication skills (written and verbal); trained or expertise in digital marketing and social media.
This position is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Director of Operations and based in Hamilton. Full-time work consists of 37.5 hours per week.
The salary for this position is $35,000 per year, minus applicable taxes and CPP/EI contributions.
All applications must include both a resume and cover letter and should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to the Director of Operations.
The deadline for applications is January 3, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an accessible workplace, and continue to work to reduce the barriers to participation in our galleries, studios and employment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, people who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, Racialized, and/or 2SLGBTQ+.